🫧 books ☆ music ☆ fashion ☆ movies ☆ pop culture ☆ life ☁️🩷

Blog Archive


Monday, August 10, 2026

 Things I do to brighten my day

Looking  forward to something

 Whether the fact that it’s Thursday and its close to the weekend  your favorite show is on or its almost time for a event I always make sure I have something, 


Looking forward to something, I find it gives me a motive. It gives me a reason to say "okay I want to do this but I have to get through this first"  it gives me a push to pass the finish line. 


I used to do this all the time during my math class back in High School ( I'm not the best at math) when I felt trapped id count the minutes and split them in halves then in thirds then in quarts waiting till these 55 minutes of algebra were over to move on to the next I would just be glad it was over. 


 I call it a short form  reward it tells my brain I know I'm getting a reward  if I just do this one thing short form rewards that also added to a bonus because I know what I'm doing will benefit me later the


like right now I'm dreading school starting but what I'm looking forward to is getting out the house. I've been coped up in my house all summer and I'm finally glad to have some sort of routine in my life where I know when to wake up and when to fall asleep where I'm supposed to go and how I'm supposed function. looking forward to something that gives me  that direction.



What are you looking forward to?







1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of ​​always having something small to look forward to during the week. 🥹 Sometimes, that’s exactly what makes a tiring day a bit more bearable. It could be a movie at night, a specific food I’m craving, a weekend outing, or even a package I’m waiting for lol.

    I also really relate to the feeling of needing a little reward to get through something tedious. I think having these little moments to look forward to makes the daily routine so much more enjoyable. 🤍

    Lately, I’ve been trying to do this more often, too. Having something to look forward to really makes a difference!

    Oddly Mine

    ReplyDelete